Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BOLD 9900 Screen goes off during call and does not wake up after key press. - Urgent Help required !

Had the same problem, I had a phone cover on my phone and the problem is the cover, it "covers" the sensor that detects whether or not the phone is touching your face, if installed try calling someone without your cover! Worked for me!
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: BOLD 9900 Screen goes off during call and does not wake up after key press. - Urgent Help required !

There is a tiny sensor right next to the LED notification light in the upper right corner of the phone (not visible to the naked eye).  If you want to see what Im talking about.....go into a dark room and call someone and look up in that right corner you will see a faint red sensor light activate. 

This sensor lets the phone know when it is up to your ear and shuts down the touch screen so your chin or cheek doesnt hit it and disrupt your call.  If the sensor is blocked by dirt, makup, debris etc it will not work properly and your phone will freeze in sleep mode until the call is completed.  Try wiping down the area near the LED that we usually neglect because its not part of the display and see if that solves your problem.  Hope this helps!

Jackie

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

not working for me, i dnt have a cover. my screen stays blank when making a outbound call, so cannot put on hold or on speaker etc.....very poor for blackberry really

hmmm i cnt see where it says other versions....ive got the latest update but still having probs Smiley Sad

did u get a new bold 9900 and does it work as it should now??? i thought it was a overall fault with blackberry n all fones were like it. but will take back if not??? x
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 Bold 9900 Z10 Q10 Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It is not the sensor. Mine has the same problem and there is nothing covering the sensor. The screen is lit when I am on the speakerphone and goes black when I am on a normal call. Obviously a software glitch.

My Carrier: etisalat

Guys the best solution
It happened to me aswell
Just a temporary solution
When the screen goes off
Lock your phone by pressing the button on the top
Keep your fone in front of the air conditioner until uer screen is cold
Then press the button on the top again
Try it
Its works 100% Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wataniya Telecome

Same Problem, it makes me go crazy. I dont want to put my phone on speaker in order to see my sceen.

am starting to give up on Blackberry, where are all the engineers! should BB be solving issues and updating their software!!!!

TOO SLOW

What do we do!! Update Blackberry

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wataniya Telecome

Sensor is not covered and clean, And i tried with several phones (new ones too) same problem
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi All,

The solution always is within the leaked OS 7.1.0.190, try this but at your own risk. i have facing some problems like:

1)Phone going on silent mode.Smiley Sad

2))Random freezing.

3) unable to make outgoing calls without doing a battery pull.

I bought this phone last saturday and i face these problems within 2 days. having previous experience with my 9300 on os 6, i realised that there is a solution to all this. there it was the leaked os.

So far the battery lasts for 2 whole days with very minimal or no use and no EDGE. Got a new sim 2 days ago will activate EDGE and let you all know if there is any problem with the surrent leak.

Regards,

Bapu