Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BOLD 9900 WORLDWIDE COMMON FAULT (3 weeks old - Does not power on ... Red Light issue)

I put my phone on charge overnight & woke up to a red light flashing then disapearing after say 10 seconds & a completely blank screen. Phone does not power on at all. It does not reboot when taking battery out & re-inserting Does not connect to Blackberry desktop to allow back up either & one is unable to upload new operating system. What I find totally shocking, particularly in light of all recent bad press with Blackberry outage & the fact that this phone is marketed & used as a business tool is RIM's total disregard for customers with this issue. Having scoured a wide range of differnt forums it is absolutely clear there is a major world wide issue with this handset & with this being Blackberry's top of the range phone their lack of action is absolutely disgraceful !!!! RIM have been aware of this common fault since the beginning of November & have done absolutely nothing to date to inform customers / dealers / users as to what they intend to do. They made a worldwide announcement saying they were aware of the problem with a small number of customers & were working on a fix. WHERE IS THIS FIX ????? 1. It is not a small number of customers either . Looking at the number of threads & posts on Google there are a vast number of customers reporting excatly the same problem. 2. Were this Microsoft / Mcafee / Norton / Apple they would have had the situation resolved in approx 48 hours. RIM have had over 1 month & no one knows what is going on !!!! Can anyone else enlighten me ???
New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Touch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BOLD 9900 WORLDWIDE COMMON FAULT (3 weeks old - Does not power on ... Red Light issue)

Exactly the same problem with me.  Brand new 9900, only one week old from Vodafone.  Woke up to the 'red light' demon this morning.  Absolutely gutted and not impressed.  As a self employed business consultant, tht's me in bother with email/internet access lost while away from home/the office; not to mention the undoubted hassle with the delay I can imagine in getting this replaced/fixed. 

Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

Re: BOLD 9900 WORLDWIDE COMMON FAULT (3 weeks old - Does not power on ... Red Light issue)

Rim shame on you all!thank for my three bricks,you rock! Rim(arkeble) my *ss
My Device: blackberry 9930
My Carrier: verizon

many 9900 users in my country have this problem......and still got no answer.....
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I'm writing this post from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  RIM's customer service just sucks!  No action taken to fix this problem, I'm a new Blackberry user, I liked the Bold 9900 but with this serious failure it turned out to be useless!!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I have a 9930 with Verizon and had this problem over a month ago while in Amman, Jordan on business.  Exact same facts -- plugged it in to charge overnight, woke up the next morning to the blinking red light of death.  See my post on this board under "Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored." 

Thankfully, I knew someone who was coming to Jordan and could bring a replacement phone with him.  But since RIM has not yet fixed this problem -- and since a reliabile mobile phone is critical to me -- I'm looking into either the iPhone 4s or an Android as a replacement.  I do a lot of international work and can't be put in this position again. 

Does anyone have any observations/suggestions as to a non-RIM replacement for those of us who are tired of waiting for RIM to fix this problem -- and who cannot really afford to wait any longer?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Same problem here. Bought it from TMOBILE store. Spent over an hour w/TMOBILE tech support - they couldn't fix it. TMOBILE won't give me a new phone until I've gone through RIM customer service, which is supposed to get in touch with me "in a couple days."  I just bought a Blackberry PlayBook, but it's not much good w/o a Blackberry smartphone to interconnect with.

My multi-year love of Blackberry's may be winding down...

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

I share your agony! The 'Red Light' phenomenon struck my BB 9900 this morning and have left me devastated with no access to my emails, voice calls and biz connectivity! Wonder if RIM will fix the issue before they fade away into oblivion!!!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

I would like to rechristen 'Black Berry' as 'Black Burry'! This is why?

I buy an expensive BB Bold 9900 on 1st Dec 2011. My BB Bold 9900 goes on a blink with the 'Red Light' phenomenon on 1st Dec 2012, that I expained earlier in this forum last week. The city of Bangalore with perhaps over 100k BB users has 3 service centres most inconveniently located with the main service  centre as Cunningham Road with a single desk to respond, that it took me 60 minutes on 4th Dec 2012 to just get my BB Bold 9900 accepted for service! Today i.e. after several attempts since this morning I finally connected to a land line no of the Service Centre to check the status!  Here's why it is Black Burry! I was told by an employee of Reddington (Service dealer appointed by BB) that a diagnosis and response would take a minimum of ten working days and that they would not be able to respond to me earlier than 14th Dec 2012!

I decided to use my old BB Curve as a back up device and guess what?? The 'Red Light' phenonmenon crashes this one too! This time I have no intention of seeking support but to give all my BB's a decent burial!!!!

BB Service sucks! BB sucks!