Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9990
My Carrier: Rogers

BOLD 9990

So I purchased a Blackberry Bold 9990 litereally a year ago. I was super stoked about it honestly. Everyone raved about how awesome BBM was etc (hense my initial reason to purchase). Now on with my issues with what USED to be my favourite phone....

3 months after I got the phone it began to act up. Buttons not working, "sym" icon on, "alt" button on: yet none of them were physically being touched. So, I contacted my provider (Rogers) and they deemed the phone to be defective, and that I would have to bring it in so they could "fix it". I get the phone back 10 days later (eternity more like it!) and it was flawless. No issues. I was a happy camper! 3 months after that however....dun dun dun the same things start to happen! Not only that....but the screen freezes NO buttons work! Awesome....

Let me be clear on a couple things; I am very VERY cautious with my phone. It has NEVER been exposed to water, steam, any liquid of any kind, never been dropped. I have never even kept it in my purse due to the fear that something may scratch it. 

I have done each and every step (to a tee) that my service provider has told me (backing it up, rebooting etc) and NOTHING helps.........Is this a common issue? Or should I just say the heck with it and pay the early upgrade fee and get a non BB phone?