Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BOLD (Blackberry in general) MMS Adaptation Error

Phone: BB Bold

Carrier: ATT/Cingular (for the past 10 years)

Problem: Can not recieve MMS video messages

Error Msg: "One or more of the message components have been deleted my MMS Adaptation. Either the message was to large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal."

I have seen this on other forums for many different models of the BB. I have only had this problem since I switched to blackberry phones. Nokia phones did not have this error. I did not think anything of it before because my last phone was the Curve 8310 and did not have video capability but now that I have the Bold and it does have video capability - I do not see why it does not work. I have the unlimited messaging/media/data plan etc etc.

Like I said I have seen this on other forums and no one seems to have a fix or a clue for that matter as to whats going on - the stock answer seems to be "call your carrier" - that does not seem to work as several people have responded - I find it hard to believe no one has a fix or an answer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time.