Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BOLD on T-Mobile UK : 2G / 3G Problems

Hi,

I purchased a network unlocked BB Bold from the Car Phone Warehouse, but I'm having problems using it on T-Mobile UK.

Basically, If i try using it normally, I find the data connection side of the phone will stop working if I start using the web or using viigo or anything that uses a reasonable amount of network traffic. I can only re-enable it by disabling the mobile network and then to re-enable it.

Originally I was on OS 4.6.0.92, but I've tried alot of other OS versions but still have got this problem. If I use the phone in 2G mode then it works ok.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the BOLD to work on T-Mobile UK 3G properly, if anyone knows exactly what the problem is or any potential fixes that maybe in the pipeline and if these fixes maybe hardware or software.

Thanks 

New Contributor

Re: BOLD on T-Mobile UK : 2G / 3G Problems

Anyone ?
Contributor

Although I'm on Orange, have you asked T-Mobile to enable Blackberry services on your account, or are you talking about using the T-mobile apn?

New Contributor

I am not a new Blackberry user and Blackberry services are running and there is nothing wrong with the apn.

The problem is that it does not maintain its data connection on 3G.

Thanks for your input.

New Contributor

Im in the same situation with a Sim Free Bold and T-Mobile (UK).

Ive tried uninstalling the apps i had on the bold (viigo and iskoot) and still the problem persists. It almost seems as if the 3G im receiving is actually too fast for the phone and it locks the data side of things up (I can still make calls). For instance this morning while using Google Maps the data side locked while trying to retrieve the maps. At this point my browser just continues to display 'requesting' and I cant receive texts or emails. I have to switch to 2G or turn my data off, and on again to get things working.

I should point out this doesnt happen everytime, just most times.

If I leave the phone on 2G and go about my business everything is fine, but surely thats not the point when the 3G ive received from T-mobile (on my N95) has been fine for the last year.

Ive spoken to T-mobile who cant really support the handset as its not available from them yet.

I am running the latest OS version

New Contributor

Unlocked phones normaly have this problem. You need too wait for the phone to mature some. As for t-mobile you will not get g3 connection as their data is still for the moment GPRS or g2 You also do not jave the option of requesting a csr from t-mobile to asist you because the handset is grey market and not oficialy supported.
New Contributor

While I take your point about the phone not being supported yet generally, Im in the UK and do have 3G data signals with Tmobile, that have been working fine with my previous Mobile phone (and my blackberry bold....upto a point)
New Contributor

I bought my Bold sim free from carphonewarehouse too, as their price matched the best online price at the time.  I have (luckily) had zero problems with the handset on T-Mobile. 

I have not updated the OS in anyway, and I rarely do that with any of my gadgets, probably missing out on a few things, but I figure "if it ain't broke....."

New Contributor

I am not on T-Mobile and my users are in Asia.

We do have regular "drop" in 3G signal and have to use EDGE or 2G (GPRS). Happens randomly among users. Do not know what is the reason but saw this BOLD issue in Aug 08 similiar to iPhone 3G issues. Have this been rectified ?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Questions?

1- Sorry for the first one, but Tmobile UK have a 3g network working perfect, i am asking because i am a Tmobile Usa customer and they dont have a 3g network here.

2- What if you set the device only to work under 3g, the phones works? (You wrote the data not, but only the phone? )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.