Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BROWSER COOKIES

I just bought my first Blackberry.  It's a BOLD 9000 and so far I like it very much.  I have two issues that I would like help with.

ONE:

When I open the browser and attempt to sign into Yahoo! I am always returned to the log on page.  It does not seem to collect the cookie required to log me on.  I have looked at all the options and security settings but cannot find any reason why it should not work.  Can anyone offer a suggestion?  With this issue resolved, my second issue will be unimportant.

TWO:

I would like to set up my personal email account for PUSH.  The model that I received only has "I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH A BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER" as an option.  No other options appear.  How do I alter the settings to allow me to register a personal POP3 email account.

I don't doubt that these issues my be easy to resolve, but I have only been a BlackBerry owner for about 24 hours and I like to make things work.

Carl

Visitor

Re: BROWSER COOKIES

I have the same problem with my Blackberry Bold, though not with Yahoo as AT&T does not support Yahoo Messenger.  Several web sites return a message that my phone does not accept cookies.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

You can setup your email through your carrier's web page, log on on your account, go to setup a new blackberry mail, and after few seconds you have the account on your device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
New Developer

Hi

I  am developing browser application in blacberry 9000.

When i open hotmail at that time  i see page that told  me that "Your browser doesnt support cookie"

I chage rimpublic.property file like

application.handler.http.CookieSupport = false

and start simulator but still i get same problem for  supporting cookie.

Can you give me any suggestion.