Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BT+DM+VISTA=Disaster <-- HELP PLEASE

Hey wondering if someone can help me out... I have read many many forums, posts, kb articles, and help files and have spent over 10 hours on this issue, i have found little tips and tricks and tried them but nothing is working... I see and read other people out there with Vista getting connected to their desktop manager... but i guess I am just not that lucky...
Here is the details of my problem
I got a PC With vista Pre-Installed, Toshiba integrated Blutooth. I also have a Curve 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.5
My initial problem was that the option to turn on Bluetooth Support was Greyed out
I found a fix here http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluetooth-sync-in-windows-xp-using-blackberry-desktop-manager-on-a-de... ... The fix was written for XP ... so i got rid of my toshiba stack and modified my INF file and had to do some extra steps for vista but eventually was able to configure the default bluetooth radio and enumerator. So this fixed the issue with my option being greyed out... I am able to use the Bluetooth Services in my control panel to set up and pair my device and create a modem connection.. However when I go back into the desktop manager and try to search for my phone while my phone is in discovery mode... the desktop software always almost immediately comes back and states it could not find my device... like its not even trying... I have also tried the reverse searching for my pc on my phone while connected via BT while desktop manager is searching, still no luck...
I have tried re-installing the toshiba stack drivers no luck... they are currently un-installed
I have also tried modifying my INF file back to the orignal config... uninstalling BT device manager components... pointing the Unknown UGX back to the driver location... still no luck .. currently I am using the default INF config
I am not on a BES... Can anyone PUUUULEASE help me out here 
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BT+DM+VISTA=Disaster <-- HELP PLEASE

Hey man, I feel your pain.  I am trying to connect my 8830 via BT with my Vista laptop and I'm about to chuck it through the window!

I had a suggestion for you since I think my prob is in SPRINT.

Sprint tech had mentioned to me that you must use the version of Desktop Mgr that they tell you otherwise their will be internal conflicts with the program.

Each carrier only supports a certain version of the desktop mgr software and that may be your prob seeing as you are using 4.5  Sprint is using no higher than 4.3 whereas Verizon may be using 4.4 and ATT may be using 4.2.  If you go and use the latest thinking that it is the best then you will have problems they told me.

Hope I helped.

Randy