Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

BUGREPORT: Appworld website

[ Edited ]

Hi,

BUG: No picture thumbnails currently displayed for "Top albums" section in Appworld.

To reproduce:

1. With your browser (I used Firefox 18.0.1 on Windows XP) go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/?

Observe: "Top albums" section does not have thumbnails shown, neither on mouseOver or mouseOut

Bug is reproducible, too obvious and stays the whole morning already. Please fix asap - not good for the BlackBerry brand.

Just re-tested on IE7 - picture are just not loaded.

I just clicked one album - after opening the page for the album there is no picture too. There is a place on the left just below the title where picture should be loaded, so either the path is wrong or the picture file is not there.

Good luck.

PS: I am frustrated: So I am a regular customer, software developer by profession. Tried to submit this to the official website bug email (webmaster@blackberry.net) with a screenshot and got my mail rejected. Why do you publish support emails when you reject the messages? Complete non-sense. Didn't expected it. If the attachment was the problem - just setup a simple page on the website for submiting website feedback with a text field for subject, text area for the actual text and a field for picture upload for screenshot. Simple - would take about 10-20 minutes to be created. Or in the automated response at least write "we don't accept email attachments". Anyway. Then called the corporate phone in Waterloo and spoke to some lady who had no idea what I am talking about and asked me some non-sense things about numbers I don't have. Guess she thought I am a corporate customer. When I laid it out clear saying "I am submiting you a website error report" she gave me some other email (vendormaintenance@rim.com) to re-send my email, instead of contacting your support herself. I sent them the same email. Just in case decided to submit it here too. Guys why don't you have a website dedicated subforum for such things? The last thing I want to do is to send bugreports where I am not supposed to. Not mentioning that website users are not supposed to see such obvious things. Your QA guys should pay a bit more attention before something is released in a production environment.

Anyway. Hope you fix it soon.