Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BUYING BLACKBERRY PIN?

hi! i bought a second hand blackberry curve 8310... they told me it was open to every telephone company here in ecuador but apparently the pin number is not valid... i dont know why... someone told me that u can buy a pin number from blackberry site... is this true? if it is true where can i buy it? they told me u can buy it for 20$ or so...
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: BUYING BLACKBERRY PIN?

I don't believe you can change pins as they are tied to the hardware. Why do you say the pin is not valid?
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

my telephone enterprise recognize the imei but not the pin i dont know why, they activated my bb service pack but my device cant receive the service books and entriens in the host broadcast settings... they told me that it may be because the phone was brought from another country or is registered in another telephone enterprise... i looked for mi pin and its registered in at&t... now i dont know what to do... here in ecuador we dont have at&t only porta and movistar
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You will have to contact AT&T to see if they will release your PIN.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

as krypto mentioned ATT has to release the PIN, another term is UNLOCK the PIN

then the PIN can used on other carriers than ATT

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Manuel, there are two possible reasons.

The first: device pin code is locked to another wireless operator. You can call to this operator and ask for unlock code for your device. Either you can buy an unlock code in one of many companies which sell unlock codes for blackberry device.

The second: device pin is blocked, because this device was reported as lost. In such cases wireless operators lock the device pin. In this case you need to contact the wireless operator who locked this device and clarify the situation.

Third scenario PIN or IMEI was changed on purpose