Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch9800
My Carrier: ATT

Back Cover Removal

I recently purchased a Torch and am having a time with the back cover. I've followed the instructions and reviewed the videos numerous times.  Only able to remove cover one time to install the battery.  Am I doing something wrong or is this thing defective?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Back Cover Removal

Hold it horizontal with the battery cover facing you and with the top of the device toward the right.  Use your right thumb to push down and to the left in the BB logo area and your left thumb to help pull the cover to the left.  There should have been a sticker on the back of it that showed how to do it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: 9800 Torch

seriously john, did you read the post before yours ?  

I'm having the same problem.  I have read the instructions on the back.  I've looked at videos online but I can not get the cover off.  it has to be stuck or something.  has anyone else had this issue ?  what can you do if the regular instructions are not working ?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

look at the youtube video< its is a lot like a 9700 cover removal too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQcO9I5P9dU

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I'm having the same problem. I have read all instructions and watched the video. This cover is being really stubborn.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Same problem here - this is the white Torch - I have a couple of black ones and they work fine, but this piece of junk will NOT come off - taking it back.

New Contributor

It is a tricky thing to get off.. I have adopted my own technique.. Its hard to explain so I've drawn it..

Support it face down between your two middle fingers and your thumb, then with your other hand, place your fingers flat on the back (like in the drawing) the tip of your index finger should be just below the camera.. apply downward pressure and pull it towards you.. works like a charm for me... you do have to put quite a bit if force on it though...

bb batter.jpg

Regular Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell mobility

the sticker on the back makes no sense to me., heres what i finally did:

i

hold i the bb in my left hand, back side up, top of the bb facing to my left ...

then i use the finger nalls of the second and third fingers of my right hand to get into the crack along the top of the back cover and pull to the right. it only has to move about a quarter of an inch.

there must be an easier way but its the only way i can get to work for me.

Contributor

I tried the "crack technique" and finally got the back off this pig. I wonder if they ever beta test these things before dumping them onto the market?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch - 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I was having the same problem as those in the previous posts - seems like I couldn't get the torque necessary to get the cover off - but the problem was that the slider kept moving while I was trying to using the 9700 technique for the Torch.

When I pushed the slider up (keyboard visible) then, tried again, cover came off much easier. Another method that worked well was to:

1) Push the slider up

2) Hold the phone, screen facing down, tightly in your palm (palm A)

3) Place your opposite hand's fingers flat on the back of the cover and apply pressure

4) Pull back with your fingers while pushing forward with your palm (palm B)