Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin media

Back up - how do I view the ipd file

I have just backed up the data on my Curve 8520 to the PC.  It has appeared as a 'Backup-(date).ipd file which is now saved on my PC.

However when I try and open this file on the PC to view the addresses, pictures, notes etc that have been saved there from my mobile, Windows will not open the file as it does not have a file association for the ipd file.

Seems to me that if I have backed up data from my phone to the PC, I should be able to view the data on the PC just as I do on the phone.

Can anyone help please.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Back up - how do I view the ipd file

Hello toxfixby,

Information stored withing a backup file is not viewable from a PC. It is simply a way to backup supported databases on the device and restore them to another BlackBerry smartphone if and when necessary.

There may be some third party options out there that are able to provide this functionality, but I am unable to comment on those.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Back up - how do I view the ipd file

Go to my website https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse and download macro and documentation. IPD Parse runs on Windows and Excel. It reads any IPD file and produces reports based on the DBs it detects on the IPD. All my services are free. My contact information is on my website. Let me know if you have questions or comments. Mike