Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9000

Backing up Calender with outlook 2007 and windows xp

Hi after the newest install of winxp(i do a reinstall as windows gets corrupted) which may have been last year plus BB desktop software i was never able to get  the calender entries to show in outlook. I just had outlook express and now i have office 2007 installed i thought it would work but nope. I know on the previous install of windows it backed up the calender in outlook. I did whatever to make it happen. I think somewhere in the desktop software i did that. Then when i installed office 2007 last week i changed it to outlook 2007. This is not something i know a lot about so are there any things i should be looking for. I think i am having the same trouble with the contacts entries too. Thanks

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Backing up Calender with outlook 2007 and windows xp

Hello!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much. Sorry for the late reply but as usual i didnt get any notifications from this website. Will try this maybe on the weekend when i hopefully have the time :0)

Trusted Contributor

OK finally read that page. When i download anything its not through a 'carrier ' in australia and not specific to a phone model. I just jump on the net and download. So is there any advice you could give about this and they mentioned a registry tool. I know i have used one years ago with windows called jv16 plus i think but me rarely using windows i have forgotten. I am a primarily a linux user and only have the windows xp machine running for backing up the BB and a few small things

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand.

rapattack wrote:

When i download anything its not through a 'carrier ' in australia and not specific to a phone model. I just jump on the net and download.

That process I linked to is intended to be the cleanest "start over" that I know of. And, with the specific downloads instructed, it will offer the best chance for the Desktop Software to function with your BB.

By installing (to your PC) first the most current Desktop Software and then installing (also to your PC) the specific OS package that your BB is presently running, then you provide the Desktop Software the best chance to function properly with your BB for proper synchronization (fyi...not "backup"...synchronization with Outlook and Backup are totally separate functions).

I can't really recommend any registry cleanser over another one...but, that item isn't mandatory...I'd say skip that unless the process doesn't work without it. Then consider trying again with it.

You also must be 100% certain that you fully meet the minimum system requirements (PC OS level as well as SP level of Windows updates):

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Yeah no in that link they said something about downloading via a carrier so that confused me. OK so that version is fine but i wonder if it is for Australia. I think i had that problem when i originally installed the software maybe. Other software i have no clue about specific to the model of BB i have. I don;t remember doing that. I have sp3 on the machine so thats ok and everything else is fine system requirement wise

Hall of Famer III

The Desktop Software is not country specific...it is universal for all. The BB device OS software can be carrier specific, but it doesn't have to be...with the proper tricks, any carriers BB OS software can be run on any other carriers device, as long as the OS package is for the exact same model number, it doesn't matter.

But, in your case, I'm saying that, to make sure that the Desktop Software is properly "tailored" to your specific BB, then you should also install, to your PC, the BB OS package that your BB is presently running. You can check it here:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

It is most likely that your BB is running an OS that was released by your own carrier, so downloading/installing their matching OS package (matching to what your BB is running) would be the best bet.

Trusted Contributor

Oh ok yeah i know the carrier had nothing to do with it when i installed whatever i did. I am on prepaid and they don't care about it. They were the only prepaid blackberry bis account i could get in australia but now they are closing the whole company so i need to do a backup real soon. Would be nice if i can get the calender and contacts saved properly so i can put all that on whatever new phone i get. Anyway better look at this now that i have had something to eat and the brain is semi functioning he he. Sorry laughing at myself as i do have a neurological condition. I have to laugh at it :0)

Hall of Famer III

OK, I think I've given you all the information necessary for you to proceed. Again, though, please keep in mind the difference between "backup" and "synchronize"...they are not the same. So if you truly want "backup", then I have yet to give you the procedure to follow to conduct that (it is available via the link in my auto-sig); even for backup, it can still sometimes be important to install, to your PC, the proper Desktop Software and BB OS package. If you truly want "synchronize", then what I've given you is accurate.

On old saying -- "laughing and crying, it's the same release!" My add-on -- "then I choose to laugh!"

Trusted Contributor

Ah ok ummmm i think you synchronize to backup don't u?