Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9000

Re: Backing up Calender with outlook 2007 and windows xp

[ Edited ]

OK yep installed desktop software. Didn't open it. Didnt find the other software on the net. Sorry thought i had to delete the vendor files. Its kinda too much info for me. I get too overwelmed with too many steps in front of me....ok so i will go into the trash bin and put the vendor file back then.

OK the vendor file is back where its supposed to be. Ran BB desktop...no prompt for BB. It lists my BB9000 phone already maybe thats why

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

rapattack wrote:Ran BB desktop...no prompt for BB. It lists my BB9000 phone already maybe thats why

Ummmm...sorry, I can't deduce anything from that (actually, I can't understand it at all).

In any event, are you good to go now? Do you need something further?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Oh ok i summarised. The desktop software is open but its not syncing or seeing my BB. Is that clear? There is an icon in the systray that is seeing my BB . I am at a standstill

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...so let's recap (since we're now 24 messages down in this thread).

In post 2 above, I gave you a clean start over procedure to try. You tried that, but (intentionally, because you could not find it) left out the steps that had to do with installing, to your PC, the BB OS package that directly supports your BB. And now, you are at a point where doing that in that manner has not rectified your issues.

As such, all I can recommend is going back to post 2, and doing that procedure again, but this time including the BB OS package steps. If you cannot find an OS package that exactly matches the OS you are presently running on your BB, then you indeed may have to choose a newer one (from your carrier or another, it doesn't matter), and allow the Desktop Software to update your BB OS.

Then perhaps you will be able to continue with configuring your synchronization (I think we settled on that you were attempting synchronization rather than, as you subject line states, backup).

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Yes and no. I know what i did but i am having trouble communicating it it seems. I got up to running the desktop software and it doesn't see/sync/do anything. It just sits and nothing happens when i plug in the blackberry. Its doesn't ask for it at all. It is already listed in the software at the side whatever. Just like the other version i had installed before.

The software that maybe that is with the phone. Sorry i don't remember what it is called. Maybe driver software? Anyway that pops up in the systray when the BB is plugged into the system via usb. Thats normal. So thats there. Nothing more is happening. I can't do anything. Sorry don't know what else to add.

As i said before there is nothing from my carrier. My carrier is Crazy Johns which is not on the list. They are a company that was bought out by vodfone after i started the account. Now at the end of the month they will close Crazy Johns. When i looked at the vodafone list there is no matching software. With the same number. Its just not there. Ok so your saying to choose another one. Gee I am too tired So will have to tackle again another day. Trouble is i have to keep booting the windows machine as i can't leave it on and its 3am in australia so i am off to bed.

Yeah Back up or sync i don't know. From what i can c or experienced or whatever i did both so it confuses me right now. Too tired to hold my head up so off i go sorry!

Hall of Famer III

No worries...I'll be around, off and on, whenever you are ready.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks i am back....did i communicate where i was up to enough or no?

Hall of Famer III

rapattack wrote:
Ok so your saying to choose another one. Gee I am too tired So will have to tackle again another day.

It is these words, previously from you, which lead me to believe you now know how to proceed.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah i looked twice and can't see anything close. No idea what to choose

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

I don't know what BBOS you are running on your device (I scanned, but can't find it in our long thread here), so I can't guide you. It will likely take more than twice digging through the official download portal to find a carrier that a) supports your specific model number and b) has the specific OS package that you require (to also install to your PC, so as to hopefully "help" the Desktop Software be able to communicate with your BB).

If you, for example, find 5 carriers (of the dozens) that support your specific BB model number, and any of them have available the package for the BBOS you are presently running, then choose any of them. If none have your specific BB OS package available, then you will have no choice but to select a newer one (newer than what you are presently running) and perform the upgrade process that the Desktop Software will offer to you.