10-12-2012 12:52 AM
I am failing to backup my device data.(BlackBerry Bold 9900, OS 7.0 bundle 2406) The backup process runs up until it encouters the 'Backing Up Service Book Records', it gets stuck here for hours? The backup never completes.
What could be the cause of this?
10-12-2012 01:22 AM
10-12-2012 01:22 AM
10-12-2012 01:26 AM
I have tried that and it still doesnt work.
the reason for the backup is that i want to upgrade the OS to OS7.1 and the software update does not ive me options to select what i want to backup, correct me if i am wrong.
10-12-2012 01:29 AM
10-12-2012 01:38 AM
John that is my biggest predicament. I am unable to make a full backup henc im unable to update my OS. What can i possibly change on the phone to make it possible to complete the full backup?
Is deleting service books records an option?
10-12-2012 01:44 AM
10-12-2012 02:06 AM
How do i update without performing any backup?
Where do I set this option becuase when i select 'update' it automatically performs backup.
10-12-2012 02:36 AM
Before doing this did you try rebooting the device by removing the battery and then seeing if the full backup will complete? If you still can't get a full backup then you'll have to do it the old fashioned way and continue on below.
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a selective backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Backup whatever databases you think you need.
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
When you're done restore the backup you made before the upgrade.