Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Backlighting not as bright as it should be

Hi there,

I got my BB Bold 9900 last month so I'm still trying to get used to all the features. A little while ago I noticed something and I've yet to figure out the source of the problem. It's a little difficult to explain but I'll give it my best shot:

I've always had the backlighting on 100 - the brightest setting, and it looked great. After having played around with it, suddenly, it's nowhere near the brightness that it used to be despite being on the highest setting.

Does this make any sense? It used to be really bright and easy to read, but now even on the highest setting it's quite dark. Hopefully there's a solution to this and it's not just me. I've searched through all the settings and can't figure out why it's not as bright as it used to be.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Re: Backlighting not as bright as it should be

Yes it often happens, specially it happens at night when no light in room at all Smiley Happy 

do these steps.. 

Open the Clock application > Press menu > Select Exit Bedside Mode if present (if you are NOT in bedside mode "Enter Bedside Mode" will appear). 

if there is something wrong in your keys.. follow these steps, 

Do this ON your device. 
Go to Options > Status. On the keyboard type T E S T 
There will not be a space to type the letters and you won't see anything entered, just type T E S T 

Now, Click Menu > Start. 

Check off ONLY the Misc test. 

Click RUN 

Click the trackball > NEXT. 

Run the next test for backlighting and LED and you will see it working perfectly Inshallah! Smiley Very Happy

Like this if it really helped. Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Hi. I figured out the Bedside Mode part, but I'm not sure where the "START" button or feature is.

There is nothing wrong with the keyboard so that part isn't necessary for the back lighting right?

Sorry for the hassle. Thanks for all your help so far I really appreciate it!

-Mike
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

[ Edited ]

No problem we are all here to help each other. Smiley Happy

Mick just when you select the Enter bedside mode and again select the same option (it will show "Exit bedside mode") once done try a soft reset. Press Alt+ Crtl (two keys next after the space button) + del key. Once done you will see a slight difference in the backlight which is better than before. 

Important thing is that you need to verify that these setting in Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Timeout set to a time that you need and the Automatically dim backlight needs to be unchecked. 

Tell me if that works.

Cheers!

Shazmin