Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Backup error - failure on step 'Browser Push Options"

Every time I try to conduct a backup, i get the same error:

"Error backing up database(s)."

the step in the background is:

• "Transfer in progress"
  • "Browser Push Options (bar all the way filled to the right)"
  • "Backing up databases... (9/10 filled up to the right) "

Anyone know why this is happening? 

I have the 4.5 beta operating system for my 8830 but this problem was ocurring with the official release version 4.2 or whichever it was (meaning it's not the new system).

Help would be appreciated; thanks!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Backup error - failure on step 'Browser Push Options"

[ Edited ]

So it keeps failing when it gets to the Browser Push Options? If it keeps failing on the same one it likely means that there is a corrupt entry in that database. So you can try a few things:

1. What version of the Desktop Manager do you have? If you don't have 4.6  then download load from here and try the backup again: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
  2. Go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Using CTRL+mouse click, select all the databases except the one having the error. Then hit the arrow pointing to the left. After the entries are copied to the left side just save them by going to File | Save As. This will save the entries to an IPD file on your computer.
  3. If that fails you may have to clear the database giving you the error. So once again go back into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Select the database giving you trouble on the right side and hit the clear button. This will erase all the entries from that database. Afterwards try doing the backup.

Let us know how it goes

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 10-23-2008 09:30 PM
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 10-23-2008 09:30 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thank you VERY much for your expeditious assistance!  So, going through the advanced backup ONE item at a time... i discovered that it is my Flex Wallet that is causing the crash (apparently the item which follows immediately AFTER browser push options!) and now I've manually backed up everything BUT the FW. 

Any idea how i can fix it so that the FW can be included and i can once again easily backup the whole device?  Thank you again!

Elite I

I'm not familiar with Flex Wallet. I'm assumming that's a thrid party app? What does it do?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

it's a secure password, credit card, passport... etc program... here
Highlighted
Elite I

I checked on the website and the only thing it mentions about backing up the software is if you're upgrading to a newer version of the program

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Backup Wallet Files
Highly Recommended. Before performing the upgrade, please backup your wallet file(s) as a
precaution. The easiest way to backup your files is to copy them to a different location such as a
CD, USB drive, external hard drive etc. FlexWallet wallet files can be identified with a ".fw2"
extension and a golden document icon with a blue lock.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The website is http://www.pocketinformant.com/support.php

The link to the PDF documentation is called "FlexWallet for BlackBerry"

Maybe try emailing them to see if it's able to be backed up with the Desktop Manager