Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Backup file not found

I wanted to restore just the appointments file to my 8310, so I used the Advanced button.  However, the Desktop Manager could find no backup file.  That is the window on the left remained empty.  As a test, I backed up my BB and it went to the same folder as the backup file I wanted the DM to find.  The DM couldn't even recognize the backup file I just saved. 

If I use the Restore (instead of the Advanced) button, it can find the files.  But I only want to back up the appointments.

Any suggestions?

John

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Backup file not found

You have to go up to File >Open and browse to the backup file you want.  Then you can selectively restore. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Backup file not found

The default location the backup saved to is your My Documents folder. So if you do a File | Open browse to My Documents to see if you see the IPD file with the data that you did the backup on
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.