Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Backup from lost 8330 to new 9650 using Blackberry Desktop software?? Impossible?

Lost my beloved 8330 with tons of data in it, but I have a one month old backup of it using the Blackberry Desktop Manager V 4.3.0.17.

Verizon wanted to know if I wanted Android. No, am staying with Blackberry, so I got a new Blackberry Bold 9650.

BUT....big but, Blackberry Desktop Manager seems to have no way to allow me to put that old backup of data into the new 9650. 

How can this be done?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Backup from lost 8330 to new 9650 using Blackberry Desktop software?? Impossible?

Hello,

You should probably upgrade to a later version of the Desktop Software. Then you can use this KB:

• KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

If something does not work, please be specific.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Backup from lost 8330 to new 9650 using Blackberry Desktop software?? Impossible?

Hey sdgardne:

Your KB23680 nailed it. I am up and running in the 9650 world now because of you. Thanks.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent...you are most welcome!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................