Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Backup hangs - Desktop Mgr 4.7

[ Edited ]

My backup hangs at the very end since I installed Desktop Manager 4.7.

The backup file seems to be created successfully, but Desktop Manager just says Working... and never seems to complete.  No error message, it's just perpetually working and never finishes.

I'm running OS 4.2.2.180 on my Curve 8320.

I really want to upgrade my OS, but I'm deathly afraid that if I can't even get a backup to work right that the OS update would wind up in disaster.

Message Edited by barckleyt on 11-26-2008 12:40 PM
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Backup hangs - Desktop Mgr 4.7

Try to use different version of Blackberry Desktop Software

For example: version 4.3 of Blackberry Desktop Software works fine with Blackberry OS 4.2.2

I would, but I've been warned very sternly by several people to to run the OS upgrade without using the absolute latest and greatest Desktop Manager software.  Up grading the OS is my eventual goal, I just want to make sure I have a good backup before I start the process.  I'm also rather worried that if I can't complete a backup, then the OS upgrade won't complete either and that could be a big problem.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

DM4.7 does not seem to work.

tbilisoft advises you to use DM4.3. Me too. It's largely enough for a Curve 1st gen.

what is your question ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Thanks for your assistance.

In the end it seems to have been something with the computer I was using to do the upgrade.  I installed the latest desktop manager on another machine, and I was able to do the backup and run the OS upgrade with no problems.  Not sure what the issue is/was with the 1st computer...?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you were wise to try on another computer. For your question I don't think it's worth spending energy trying to find out. Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

I'm running Desktop Mgr 4.5 on a brand new Vista machine connecting to a BlackBerry Ve8830 from Verizon.  I can connect to the PIN via USB no problem, but if I try to wipe the device and reload the OS, Desktop Manager still hangs on the backup task.