Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Backup problems with my Bold

Hi, 

Whenever I try to backup my Bold,  it stops at some point giving me an unknown error. It used to stop at Bluetooth options. When I used the Backup and Restore/ Advanced options to deselect that, it gave me an error at browser data cache. If its not that, it gives me an error at handheld key store.

Im running application version  4.6.0.162 and desktop version 4.7. I have tried going back to desktop version 4.6 and backing up. Same problem. I have tried removing the battery for 1 minute. No luck. I have removed all third party apps (I only had gmail, gmaps, yahoo and facebook). No luck. 

Running out of options here. Suggestions welcome. 

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Backup problems with my Bold

Here is a procedure for using Bluetooth with Desktop Manager. Make sure you are running Windows native drivers,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Backup problems with my Bold

Try to wipe your device memory.

Backup your contacts and other info that can be saved via "Advanced" button in "Backup and Restore".

Go to Options - Security Options - General Settings

Open menu and select "Wipe handheld"

After that - restore your data back.

Does it help ?