Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.484
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Backup/restore question

When you do a backup or restore, is any of the information on the microSD card copied/restored?  If not, how do you backup the songs, photos, etc., that are on the card?  Do you just copy the info from windows explorer?  I am running win7RC and have a Tour.

While I'm thinking about it, I would like to get a larger microSD card.  What's the best way to transfer the info from the old card to the new one?

Thanks in advance from a new guy

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Backup/restore question

The backup/restore process doesn't touch the media card. You can just use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the media card. I just got a new media card recently and I just copied the entire BlackBerry folder onto my PC, then inserted the new card, then copied the BlackBerry folder onto the media card.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.484
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Backup/restore question

Thanks for the quick response!