Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm
Accepted Solution

Bad sync manager software for mac

I installed the pocket mac software for mac and it can't even connect to my blackberry via usb.

Is there something that rim isn't telling us mac users about how to get it working?

Its September already and the website says the desktop program for macs is ready in September. When? Its not available yet!

One bad sign that mac users get when installing software is when it requires running an administration account because the software wasn't properly designed to work on macs. Only windows users who don't know any better, run in administration accounts. Mac users are far too smart for that nonsense. Since when should any program require running an unsafe administration account to get it running? Maybe rim would be better hiring some expert talent from apple to do the job?

The other sign of badly written software is when it tries to install two programs at the same time and locks up the computer for 10 minutes before it sorts things out. 

I did install blackberry media sync and it has no issues connecting to my blackberry or copying itunes media to it. So why can't pocket mac software work? It keeps saying the sync times out when connected to my mac. It certainly doesn't time out when the media software is run so the only thing that could possibly be wrong is the program itself being poorly written. I'd hate to see how the desktop software gets the same treatment in October (not yet available in September) when it comes out.

So how do I sync my calendar, mail, and other stuff? And what exactly is pocket express on my blackberry suppose to be? No information available on the blackberry to tell anyone what it is. Besides, it also times out when I click on it to get it installed. Besides the legalize crapware, how about some info in the file as to what the program does and why would anyone need to install it?

I can't get the search on here to come up with relevant results either. Maybe I'm not typing in the correct secret codes if anyone knows what they are? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bad sync manager software for mac

Obviously, you're a very unhappy camper, and you need to know the BlackBerry is not for everyone. Perhaps you can rant your way into finding what device that is.

As for getting help here, I think you're off on the wrong foot. We're all volunteers, and no differently than I would walk right past someone standing around on a street corner ranting about just simply everything, I think I'll do the same here.

I just don't feel like getting mixed up with you.

You need help? Find a better way to ask.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Yes... but you didn't walk by. You stopped to give a sermon which I find rather amusing since it did nothing to provide any real insight to why the software doesn't work.

First, the pocketmac software does not work.

[01:05:40.638] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

This is the error I always get when using pocketmac software.

Either you have a completely different computer from what I'm using, have a completely different operating system from what I'm using, or perhaps even a completely different blackberry model than what I'm using because it DOES NOT WORK.

Contributor

The Desktop Mananger For Blackberry is almost officially released. It works great. I can say this because i have a leaked beta version. Its sweet ! If you cant wait im sure a quick search will get you the leaked beta...

But im sure its on track for september.  And why are you having ago about the relaese date? It says September. Not September !st.   It will be out in September. Gripe about that whenit's October.....

Best of luck anyway, enjoy your Storm and Mac together! 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Babylonjoe is correct (more or less anyhow - we'll have to see about the timing yet).  The new BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac should be a big help once released and should greatly improve your experience.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help to simply gripe and complain.  If you'd like assistance, we'd be happy to assist.  But in order to assist, it would really help to have a proper question that we can answer.

Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

class1dave wrote:

I find rather amusing since it did nothing to provide any real insight to why the software doesn't work.

You only asked for secret codes. We don't have any. Your sarcastic question has been answered. 

class1dave wrote:

Yes... but you didn't walk by. You stopped to give a sermon which I find rather amusing

You've already used the "sermon" line in another thread with another user. It's old, but I am happy that I could amuse you in return.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Just like I predicted... desktop software for the Mac in October.

Kudos to me for getting the prediction rights! Anti-kudos and numb-chucks for those who thought I was wrong and thought I was simply complaining...

All bow before the Grand Exhaulteded Poobah! Moo-a wah Moo-a wah! (giggling may commence at any time).

Regular Contributor

The Desktop Mananger For Blackberry is almost officially released. It works great. I can say this because i have a leaked beta version. Its sweet ! If you cant wait im sure a quick search will get you the leaked beta...

But im sure its on track for september.  And why are you having ago about the relaese date? It says September. Not September !st.   It will be out in September. Gripe about that whenit's October.....

Best of luck anyway, enjoy your Storm and Mac together!

Okay, I am griping about it because its October 1st and it won't be released until tomorrow... wah wah wah. I was right! You were wrong! I don't want a leaked beta cause I don't have to go to the bathroom right now.Smiley Mad