Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Basic Sync Question (Help!)

Hello!

I just got a new Blackberry Torch 9800, and I've been in the process of setting it up. I even got as far as installing the software on my computer and connecting my phone to it. However, I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to be synching my phone to. I know this is a basic question, but am I supposed to be creating an email address and using an email calendar for the other end of the sync?It listed Yahoo as a possible account to synchronize with, but I tried inputting my yahoo email information and no syncing occurred.

Also, is there a way to check my blackberry email on the computer, or can you only have those email messages sent to your phone?

I'm just in general a little bit lost on the fundamentals of setting up the features of the blackberry, and have found the provided "instructions" as well as other websites more or less useless. I thought I'd ask here for a little demo help before bothering someone at the at&t store.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Basic Sync Question (Help!)

Hi,

With regard to syncing your phone - the desktop software allows you to sync your blackberry calendar, contacts, notes etc with a local PIM program such as Outlook or Lotus Notes or your online yahoo account.

If you have set up a @carrier.blackberry.net address then you can only read these emails on your phone.

However, you can setup your phone to work with most personal POP3 or webmail accounts via your carriers BIS portal or via the email setup wizard on your phone.

Some webmail providers such as gmail allow you to sync your calendar and contacts wirelessly and this is setup via the wizard as well.