Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: at&t

Battery Drain and overheating

Hey,
I have looked everywhere for answers, I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have a 9700 on att running the official os 6.0.0.526. I have been for a while, but all of a sudden my battery does not last a whole day, even if I don't use it much. The only apps that run in the bacground are the standard 5. Also I've noticed the phone feels very warm at times, even through the case. I have tried battery pulls, soft resets, etc nothing seems to help. Anyone have any ideas what is going on, nothing has changed in the last few weeks in apps or usage. Thank you for helping.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery Drain and overheating

Please review the similar thread here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Constant-clocking-and-battery-drain/td-p/1103...

Do you have Memory Cleaner enabled?

What is the file free on the device?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Yeah, I use memory cleaner all the time. As of now I have 68629241 bytes free. I think it just might be os 6, but its been working so well the past few weeks.
Thanks!

Turn off Memory Cleaner.

Unless you're a dealer in illegal drugs or p0rn or you're working for the FBI or CIA or you are Jack Bauer, you don't need it. Memory Cleaner does not CREATE new memory space, it only wipes previously deleted memory space to a higher governement secure level.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Haha, will do. Anything else I can do to kinda improve battery life, or why it has changed so drastically the past few days? I was down to 70% after only like 4 hours off the charger and I didn't even use the phone, it sat in my pocket. I had full signal, and wifi and bluetooth both turned off.
Highlighted

I don't the "why". There could be many reasons.

But, I know that sometimes people find they left the internet browser open to an active weather site that refreshes, like a weather site, or some other app, like BlackBerry Maps or Google Maps, which are both real battery drainers, left running silently in the background.

Doing a reboot (powered on, remove batttery for a minute and replace) is the best thing to do, even a second time and third, that helps the device "recognize" the true battery level. The device has it's own on-device battery meter, and sometimes they get out of sync, where the battery could truly be at say 50% charge, and devices shows it at 80%.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life

Knowledge Base Updates