Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Battery Drained Shutting down handheld

i have a curve 3g and recently it has come up with the message ''Battery drained, shutting down handlheld''.

this has only recently started happening. i checked the usage and i dont think it is anything to do with any applications, is it just a chance that the battery is worn, iv had it for about 18 months now.

thanks for help in advance

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Battery Drained Shutting down handheld

Hello cirode23 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry you hear you are having battery issues with your BlackBerry® Curve™ 3G smartphone.

When this message appears, what is the remaining battery percentage remaining? 

If you were to obtain another battery, does this same message appear as well?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310 and 8320
My Carrier: at&t and t-mobile

[ Edited ]

i also have the same problem with my 8320 cuve. . it is not the battery that has a problem ive switch batteries but same result. . it keeps on saying battery drained shuttingdown handheld. i already update to the latest os for this device. what seems to be the problem? thanks and another thing i can use it only if my charger is attach to the device if not it will not work. . 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cholodumlao wrote:

i also have the same problem with my 8320 cuve. . it is not the battery that has a problem ive switch batteries but same result. . it keeps on saying battery drained shuttingdown handheld. i already update to the latest os for this device. what seems to be the problem? thanks and another thing i can use it only if my charger is attach to the device if not it will not work. . 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, it is likely your BB has somehow gone bad at a hardware level, for which no amount of software or OS can overcome. If you remain in your warranty period, then you would seek warranty evaluation and support from your original place of purchase. If not, then you have more difficult decisions to make. But, hardware issues are notoriously difficult to diagnose at an internet distance...and, of course, impossible to repair at that same distance. Evaluation, in hand, by a qualified hardware technician would be in order.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310 and 8320
My Carrier: at&t and t-mobile

I guess its impossible to repair this. Its not under warranty and im living Where there is no BB service center. Tnx for the reply.