Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD
My Carrier: SPRINT

Battery Draining Blackberry Bold 9930

Being a long user of Blackberry's, WHY when a new product gets released does my phone suck the battery??  Do not tell me this is coincidence.  I know that it is not because it did it two other times before this.  I already went to the Sprint Store to have my battery tested and my battery is FINE.  I have no new applications on my phone.  I use Blackberry chargers.  Can you see I have been thru this already before.

I am severly pissed off.... Thinking about switching to an iPhone as I am not under contract.  Which also pisses me off because I prefer BB.  But this ploy to get me to buy the new products I cannot condone by purchasing another BB.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Battery Draining Blackberry Bold 9930

Hi wissa3

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Being a long user of BlackBerry , I am sure you also know the main reasons for quick battery drainage , As you mentioned you don't have any new applications on your device so just make sure that no apps are running in the backup , don't leave your browser open on any active webpage when not in use and also the wifi and bluetooth.In addition you can try this Knowledge Base to see if that helps :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD
My Carrier: SPRINT

Re: Battery Draining Blackberry Bold 9930

I did all that.  I literally take ONE SINGLE PHONE CALL, after a night of charging and it zaps my battery.

This is really getting ridiculous.  

I already closed all backgrounds and did all that.  

This happened last 2 times blackberry came out with a new model.  I know it sounds paranoid, but I really do think BB does it on purpose.