Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Battery Draining

Since last 2 days my curve battery is draining within 3-5 hrs of charging. I ran AVG anit virus on the device through a PC and found a Torjan which was later removed. However, still battery is draing. Pl give solution.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Battery Draining

What apps do you have running on your blackberry? 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Be sure to CLOSE applications when you are finished using them. Click your Menu key > close or exit.

If you just hit the red "end call" key to go back to the home screen the application actually stays open and running in the background. 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

checked... nil.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

vikas_vibha wrote:

checked... nil.

Not very informative, if you need help, a few more words about your situation will be needed.

Additionally, there is no virus for a BlackBerry, never yet at least. Running AVG on BlackBerry is not only impossible, but worthless. An antivirus can only help once a virus has been created. There is none currently.

So, your battery drain.. could be Memory Cleaner, open apps, many things.

I'd suggest that you do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

That will end all running processes on your handheld for now, and hopefully close whatever it is causing the drain.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi. I faced similar problem. My fully charged curve 9300(OS 6.0 bundlle 1879) battery comes for only 3 to 4hrs. I closed all the apps even deleted. Deleted browisng data everything but no use. Even hard pull was not worked. Finally noticed that the sending and receiving data icon on my device all the time. I turned off my wifi network and mobile network. That time the sending and receiving icon disappeared as it can not access to any internet. Even I searched solution for this but no help. Every search says that there is no virus for BB. Well I agree on that. But there is really some bug. Finally decided to wipe the phone and after data back-up I wiped my device. N restored only contacts from the back-up and used desktop software to update the device and to install apps. I suggest another thing that please download apps from trusted vendor. Note: make sure you back-up your data before wipe.

Click on Like

If the Problem Solved mark as "Solution" for posts that have solved

Follow morrikevi7 on Twitter