Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Battery Dying more quickly

Is there a reason even after getting a battery replacemenet (genuine bb battery) that the battery while better still dies earlier then I am used to??

I do not keep applications open and when ones open inadvertendly I close immediately. Is there a drain that I can be missing? I charge from my house charger ever night (batt dead) and use car charger on way hope from work 20% left at like 4pm and this is from 6am.

The battery used to get to 6PM or 7PM without needed a boost. Just curious.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: *

Re: Battery Dying more quickly

Recently I reset my BB Torch and I was facing some similar situation. I took few measures and now battery ends in 2 days normally. First of All Reduce Brightness of you Screen. I will increase almost 20 to 30% of battery time. If you have set breathing LED i.e. green led that blinks at the top when there's network, disable it. Don't keep Wifi and BlueTooth Open when you are not using. And check if your cell is not trying to send MMS due to some virus attack. All these measures can save good battery. Try these hope the problem will be solved
Samad Aslam Khan
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Battery Dying more quickly

Sounds good thank you. I do leave BT open but not wifi. Will try dimming also.