Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Battery Life Issues - Bold

I have had a new bold for about 1 month and too date have only used it for phone calls, SMS and syncing with my outlook. My use is very minimal during this period with perhaps just one short call a day and a few SMS. Basically there are times when I leave the bold in the holster I am getting less than 10 hours from it throughout the day with no use.  I do not think this is thelife it should have.  I am neither running nor using any other programs that I am aware of unless there is something running in the background that I am not aware of. Wifi is switched off so this cannot be the problem. 

Do I have a dodgy battery or is there some other setting I am not aware of.

Please help. Thank you

My Device: Bold

Re: Battery Life Issues - Bold

As far as apps running in the background, you can click the 'alt' and escape key simultaneously to see which apps are currently running.  Keep in mind there will always be 5 (call log, browser, home, bb messenger, messages) there.  If there are more than those 5, you can open it and close it out completely (menu, close).  Here's some more tips:  http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery Life Issues - Bold

The battery drains very quickly if you have wifi and/or bluetooth.  GPS also drains the battery more quickly.  Turn these features off unless you really need them, and the battery life will be much greater.