Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9320

Battery Life on 9320 Curve

Hi Guys, Can anybody help me out  ?? I got the phone for my daughter and it only seems to last about 6 to 7 hrs with very light use. I took the phone in store and was given a replacement battery , that didn't do anything to improve the life, so I went back to store a few days later , and now the phone has been sent away for testing, Not best impressed as its not even a month old, Oh it also get very hot when you charge it, but I was told I leave it on too long ! ( Hello) I have always charged my phones overnight !!!  Has anybody experienced this issue or have I just been unlucky ?  Oh and thanks to the guys in store for loaning me a phone that's so old it doesn't even have a camera let alone a browser LOL   Thanks

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Battery Life on 9320 Curve

Sorry to laugh but it was the last part of your message that got to me there lol I also have a 9320 and my battery seems to drain quick as well, I was thinking the same as you as my fiance also has the same phone and his seems fine but I wouldn't reccoment charging the phone over night as that frys the battery !
Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Reccomend sorry
New Contributor

That's fine it made me laugh to when they gave me it !! Well I must say I have had phones for about 15 years and have always charged over night , bearing in mind this is my 1st blackberry and last it may appear ! I will stick with my iPhone lol !! Well it's meant to llast ages but I'm lucky to get 7 hrs !! Good luck take your one in for testing !!!
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

tonefinn wrote:

Hi Guys, Can anybody help me out  ?? I got the phone for my daughter and it only seems to last about 6 to 7 hrs with very light use. I took the phone in store and was given a replacement battery , that didn't do anything to improve the life, so I went back to store a few days later , and now the phone has been sent away for testing, Not best impressed as its not even a month old, Oh it also get very hot when you charge it, but I was told I leave it on too long ! ( Hello) I have always charged my phones overnight !!!  Has anybody experienced this issue or have I just been unlucky ?  Oh and thanks to the guys in store for loaning me a phone that's so old it doesn't even have a camera let alone a browser LOL   Thanks

Hello tonefinn

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging. If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser openon any active web page or turn off your wifi  when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Inaddition Our BlackBerry Battery are lithium ion batteries , it attains a full charge i;e 100% within 3 to 4 hrs, then it stops there is no 110 % so no need to charge overnight . All you need to take care is that  don't drain your battery to 0% because it damages our BlackBerry  battery , you can use the Battery saving mode on your device and set it to 20 % so you it will warn you if it reach that limit.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

I had the same issue, well I thought I did. I found out that if you you run Wi-Fi Mobile,Hot spot,Blue tooth you run  through your battery in no time. So... It's an easy fix...on your home screen scroll to the top and when it goes blue hit the hit the touch pad button. Now in there you can see all your your connections, to save power un-check Wi-Fi,Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth. I also set the battery saving mode when the battery lvl is at 90 % (but that's me)

They are easy to turn on should you need to use anyone of those setting when your out and about.

PS my 2 cents about 9320 is this is a great PH bought two of them,even my 76 year old Mom love's it!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Rainsie wrote:

I had the same issue, well I thought I did. I found out that if you you run Wi-Fi Mobile,Hot spot,Blue tooth you run  through your battery in no time. So... It's an easy fix...on your home screen scroll to the top and when it goes blue hit the hit the touch pad button. Now in there you can see all your your connections, to save power un-check Wi-Fi,Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth. I also set the battery saving mode when the battery lvl is at 90 % (but that's me)

They are easy to turn on should you need to use anyone of those setting when your out and about.

PS my 2 cents about 9320 is this is a great PH bought two of them,even my 76 year old Mom love's it!

Hello Rainsie

So nice to hear that, and that the quality of this Community Forums where one user try to help the other .

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Having the same issue. And now my phone won't even charge.

I use it as my alarm in the morning and have been late for work twice because it just decided to die.

No apps run. No browsers opened. No wifi, nothing special. I've had to strip this phone down to it's bare bones just to keep it somewhat functional.

For sure the worst phone I have ever owned. I have no clue what to do to fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Slovak Telekom

Hi there,

I'm going to pull the lever back to the good side of the scale. I use mine with bluetooth constantly turned on, as I spend quite some time driving and need to take care of biz on the go. And I have to confirm the promo saying "up to 7 hrs talk time" is correct. Yeah, I sure could use 9 - 1- hours, but 7 is very decent. So I wouldn't say it's a general model fault, rather a specific case/s issue.

Cheers,

m.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

By chance are you running in the back ground Music / Radio / Video by chance? Just asking.....if you are and your not actually close/exit running program or program's it will use power. I just like to see you get this resolved and sometimes it can be simplest things we over look.

I too use the PH as a alarm clock...i set mine up in Bed time mode and set it up through the calendar for dailies reminders and for weekly trash.

RK