Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery Life on the Pearl

Also, shut off any blinking lights for signal and power. It takes quite a bit to blink that light, so just have it on for waiting messages.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8110

I agree the battery life on this phone is one of the things I dislike most so far. (I just bought it a week ago.) My previous phone would go a good 4-5 days without needing to be charged. I'm going to turn off the LED and see if that helps. Thanks for that suggestion.
Dawn Lawson
At Your Service~
Freelance Administrative Support
www.freelanceadminsupport.com

Save Money! Gain Time!
Let me be your virtual hero!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

deol wrote:

To see what is currently running...

Hold down your "alt" key (it should say 'alt' or have the up and down arrows). Then while holding that down, press the back button (the one with the arrow that does a half circle). It should be the key inbetween your track ball and hang up key.

It's almost like "alt + tab" in windows.

SWEET! Thanks for the blazing hot tip! Smiley Happy

As far as battery life goes, my new 8110 seems to go on and on for days depending on what I've been doing... so I'll for sure be following  payroll's advice as well (about letting it drain down every month or two)  You don't lose any data doing that do ya?  Do you do a backup first or something?

Message Edited by DeedeeVI on 05-26-2008 08:28 PM
Regular Contributor

what REALLY drains the battery is if your phone has to keep a connection in an area that has a poor connection. the building I work in is a huge tin can that almost completely blocks all signals, so by the end of the day, my battery is pretty much shot! now say this past weekend, I was out and about, emailing, txting, pics, music, etc with my BB, barely touched the battery, all because I had a great signal all day. Another thing if someone hasnt already mentioned this is to turn off bluetooth connection when you are not using it. just wish it would automatically turned back on when i turn my headset on!

I would have to agree with Payroll's comment. Obviously they know what their talking about, but just to add to that, that yes...once in a while you have to let the battery's charge get completely depleted and then re-charge it.
I have had my Pearl for nearly 2 years, and have never, not once, had an issue with the battery ever running out quickly. You do have to keep watch as to what applications you have running, as well as how many emails u send, regular or ones with photos. That will utilize the charge more rapidly.

The battery in the Pearl is quite good actually. No complaints at all here.