Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Battery dies every day with no activity on the phone

My only use of the phone has been reading an email and reading a few posts on facebook and the battery does not last. Is there a way to know what is going on? What is consuming it like crazy?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

battery lasts 1 hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brand new device 9790 second battery and no use,after 1 hour phone heats up extremely and battery drains...ive bought the phone cant replace it ,what do i do !!!!!!v dissapointed ...never thought its gonna be me getting all the hassle

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery dies every day with no activity on the phone

check to see what apps are running some draw a lot of power

Contributor

checked .no apps no nothing im v experienced user ive been dealing with bberrys for last 4 years and never get this,got a lot of stuff on the phone and dont want to reinstall os .9790 is great phone apart from the batt issues.please help

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

2paczek wrote : 

checked .no apps no nothing im v experienced user ive been dealing with bberrys for last 4 years and never get this,got a lot of stuff on the phone and dont want to reinstall os .9790 is great phone apart from the batt issues.please help

Hi 2paczk

Welcome

Press the menu key for a few second it will pop up a screen and will let you know how many apps are running in the background .In addition On your Home screen Go to Option > Device .> Application Managment > move your Trackpad right or left it will show the Cpu uses screen ,.Please check which application is using maximum resources also What is your device software version .Also have a look at this Article of Knowledge Base :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

tried that got as open apps :bbm ,home icon and thats that .it may be a app malfunction dont know as ive got 90 apps in total.ive checked cpu usage as advised media is taking a lot of cpu use around 90 percent .cant be that i recon as ive got a 16 gb mem card wich is full and from 8 internal one gig is full .cpu usage is quite big got only 20 per cent free.advise please thanks

Elite II

2paczek wrote :

tried that got as open apps :bbm ,home icon and thats that .it may be a app malfunction dont know as ive got 90 apps in total.ive checked cpu usage as advised media is taking a lot of cpu use around 90 percent .cant be that i recon as ive got a 16 gb mem card wich is full and from 8 internal one gig is full .cpu usage is quite big got only 20 per cent free.advise please thanks

Hi 2paczek

As the CPU usages indicate the media is taking 90 % it means battery is draining because of that,and it is you who will know how much you use that, And also you had installed 90 applications which is much more, I prefer Uninstall  those unnessary application that you use rarely because they also consume your battery.A full memory card don''t drain battery but we need some free space as well.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the applicationDon't leave your Browser open close all tabs when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Also go through the KB it contain some usefull tips regarding maximizing Battery life.I hope it will help you in overcoming your problems.

Good Luck

Prince

Contributor

i can only imagine there r issues with some apps installed or os .maybe an os update will help.ill try ur advice thanks

Elite II

2paczek wrote :

i can only imagine there r issues with some apps installed or os .maybe an os update will help.ill try ur advice thanks

Hi 2paczek

Yes Updating your Device software will ofcourse help you but If possible Install only those application that you need  and use often.

Prince

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for the advice.  i noticed yesterday I had the WIFI turned off and I used facebook and email services so I am thinking that kept my phone running more. I turned it on and also just did all that you suggested. Thank you for teaching me how to do this because this way I can monitor better how my phone is working. Thanks a lot!