Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: BASE

Battery discharge problems

I have a 9360 which is just four months old and I am experiencing a problem with the battery running down faster than an Olympic runner. I fully charged it on Monday and by Tuesday morning it was down to 10%.  I charged it again the next day to 100% but within a few hours it was down to 50%.  I have turned everything off which could affect the battery drain WiFi, Bluetooth, Browser etc but the battery still drains.  I haven't used the phone for the last two days and I still get battery drain.  Is this a known problem and is there something I can do to rectify the situation

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery discharge problems

Read through this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

Also, some 3rd party applications can affect battery life, as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: BASE

Many thanks for your reply regarding battery problems I am having with my Blackberry. I have followed the advice given and stopped or deleted most of the apps which I had running, eliminating all but a bare few - by taking off these apps I wonder about the potential of the Blackberry since it leaves it with very little to offer. I have stopped all my radio activity -both in and out. About the only app that I have left is battery watch which brings home to me the problem. I fully charged the battery two days ago and without any phone activity I am now down to 61%. What is the published estimated battery life? To totally exhaust the battery in four/five days appears inexplicable. I am not a very heavy phone user - my previous phones have generally only required charging about once per week. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Could it be that I have a dud battery? I am going away for a few days next week and I shudder about what may happen. I bought the phone on EBay and all the checks I have made appears to suggest that it is a genuine phone. All the bits came in sealed Blackberry packaging so I have no reason to doubt its authenticity.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you're getting more than one day out of your battery you are doing extremely well.

You're in great shape. Go enjoy your BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!