Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery discharges over night? (Alarmclock?)

are you sure?
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I have issues with the power consumption while the phone is "OFF" too. I have written a post but did not get an answer yet.

I can not believe the answers to this question so far. Have a look at http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/specifications.shtml. Does it say 15 days Standby or hours?

This is a bug and RIM should fix it.

Also the phone should be able to run the alarm when its switched off (my old Nokia does). A real time clock circuit runs with a few nA and should run for month's from the big battery in the Storm. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

kidboy wrote:
are you sure?

Yeah, I am pretty sure...  Smiley Happy

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Klaus wrote:

I have issues with the power consumption while the phone is "OFF" too. I have written a post but did not get an answer yet.

I can not believe the answers to this question so far. Have a look at http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/specifications.shtml. Does it say 15 days Standby or hours?

This is a bug and RIM should fix it.

Also the phone should be able to run the alarm when its switched off (my old Nokia does). A real time clock circuit runs with a few nA and should run for month's from the big battery in the Storm. 

I would say that without use, and without anything 'extra' running my Storm would last 15 days without a charge.   It wasn't that way in the beginning. I had to charge it each night, with it OFF for almost a week before it really took and held a charge.

The thing is, people install apps, don't charge the battery fully to get a good charge and then complain about a battery life.

Also, this phone does 'run' the alarm when it's switched off.  If you set an alarm and then shut the phone off (press and hold the red button) you will see a message stating when the phone will turn back on.   (to sound the alarm).

The point of the OP is that they want the phone to run(able to receive calls/emails etc) while unplugged and still be fully charged in the AM.   I don't know how well they have charged their batteries, I don't know what they have installed that is running, so I can't comment on what their problem is.

I know my phone didn't last 8 hours when I first got it and now it last much longer.  I talk/email and surf the web a lot during the day as I use my phone for my company.

Having gone through the process of fully charging my battery I don't have a problem with it.

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.

I think I have the solution to this problem. A couple of nights ago I went to bed with the battery FULLY charged. During the night I received an email so the red indicator LED light was flashing all night. I woke up to find the battery completely flat. I thought it might have been the LED so I turned it off for emails (but kept it for SMS messages as I find this useful). The next night the same thing happened, I received an email, but the LED light did not flash. When I woke up the next morning the battery was unaffected. Maybe give this a try?

To turn off the LED light:

Go to Sounds - Set Ring Tones and Alerts
Messages - email
Led - switch to "off"

Contributor

If LED light is draining battery, then we must be very concerned about this. This can not be normal. But you are saying when e-mail comes....but LED is flashing in green all the time, and in red when messages comes. So LED is flashing all the time.

Anyway yesterday I fully charged my Storm and I am switching it off during night. Today I woke up and device was dead. That is why I went here and find out some answers. I plug in charger and now battery is again charging but mistery is why battery was drained during the night and device was OFF ???

Contributor

If you have a good charge the LED should barely touch it even if it is flashing all night.

I have been using my Storm as an alarm clock since I got it.  I charge it up in the evening and take it off charge when I go to bed (dont have a socket nearby!).  I get email alerts during the night (no sound but the LED is active) and it always has a full charge remaining when I get up in the morning.  I don't put it in bedside mode or anything else, just leave it so the screen turns off and it works just fine.

However, I did have a problem last night but I believe that is related to an 'unexplained' data connection that was occuring, was connecting and uploading / downloading something periodically when I got up.  Had to do a battery pull to stop it, have no idea what it was doing and have asked the question here ...http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=29091