Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9800
Accepted Solution

Battery doesn't last 8 hours

I can't go to bet and wake up without the phone being dead. I've only had this phone for a few days, but it's dead EVERY morning no matter if it's fully charged at night. 

Anyone else have this problem? 

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Battery doesn't last 8 hours

Older apps transfered to the device with Device switcher can cause issue if not compatable with OS 6. On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

also see if it is hunting 3g to 2g where you place it. That can kill battery too as well. Happens to me at MILs house every time.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep an eye on the CPU and see what apps are running. I didn't know I could check that.

As for 3g to 2g, how do I check that? In the top right corner, it always says 3g that I've seen.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

see if it changes between EDGE (2g) and 3G a lot. I fit does not, then it might not be an issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

great bit of info there knottyrope. kudos is a must  +1

Contributor

As for 3g to 2g, how do I check that? In the top right corner, it always says 3g that I've seen.

Guru III
My Device:

if it always says 3G, then it isnt an issue.

Contributor

Do you think that it's dying so fast because it's always checking for new enterprise emails? 

Guru III
My Device:

Emails are pushed to the device, there is no checking.

Press and hold the BB button down, how many icons show up? if more than 5 then you are not closing your apps when done. GPS apps can kill the battery very fast too if not closed

Contributor

Before going to bed last night, I noticed that Ms Pacman was using 30% of the CPU. I killed it and the battery was nearly full this morning.

One thing though, some apps, how do I make sure I've closed them instead of leaving them running the background? Does the red hang-up button close an app that running?