Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

Battery drain

My battery is draining in 8 hours where it used to last longer. I've replaced it twice and I have reason to believe it is the device itself. I have shud down most of the unnessesary functions (ie Wifi, Bluetooth, etc) but the battery still only lasts about 8 hours when doing nothing. What can i do?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Battery drain

Having the same problem, but having just read another post about battery drain on 9360, this has been suggested.....go to..Options..Device..Location Settings..Location Services OFF

See if this helps.Smiley Happy.

New Contributor

Thanks but I already did that. Smiley Happy still draining

New Contributor

Yeh! Mine too!Smiley Sad  wish someone would come up with another fix on this.

New Contributor

I was told that if the BB is subjected to water, even steam from a shower it could be damaged. 

New Contributor

That certainly hasn't happened. It's a pity we can't contact RIM personally.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Mine won't even last 2 hours when I'm not using it.. Replaced the battery and everything.. It's probably the connection problems to do with the phone.

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2

if i were you i'd take it to a mobile shop and ask them whats up with it, they might just send it away to get it looked at and possibly give you a new phone, but if you do take it in to the shop, back everything up onto blackberry protect, all you need to do is download it onto your device, sign up on it and click back up, you can do daily, weekly or monthly back ups and it does it automaticly. and if you get a new phone all you need to do is sgn into your account on the new device and everything from your old phone wil transfer to your new one! Smiley Happy

New Contributor

How do you download it onto your phone considering my track pad also does not work at all :')