Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, v. 6.0.0.246
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery draining way too fast

I'd been thinking about doing a complete reboot just to clear it up. While my data's all synced with Outlook, so won't lose that, glad to see the other steps. Didn't know you could back up 3rd party stuff. Appreciate you're working with me on this.

Bob
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon wireless

How do you stop the running apps?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

click on the menu button and then close   It is always good to close out apps and not have them running.

there are many ways you can keep battery draining as well as having your BB run great.

I can give you these tips to help you out.

keep your backlight set at 10  and 30 sec

you will find this in Options under screen and keyboard  click on save and then close out on it

keeping the cache in the browser clear too helps  to do this  when in the browser

click on the menu key  then options

click on cache operations  and then keep clicking  then close and it will clean memory

another thing you can do is clear the  Event Log 

click on the alt button and while on it  type  LGLG

then the menu button and click on clear log  then delete  two items will still show but your don't want to delete those

there is a free app in BB Appl world called  Quick Pull   it is free and  you can set a time for it.

I do a battery pull with this app daily   it is good for your BB  but when I add an app I will do a manual battery pull for a reset.  I also will do it once a week because it is good for the BB 

also good for the memory is to delete your emails and text messages when you are done with them

New Contributor

how do i get to BB appl world

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

jet001 wrote:

how do i get to BB appl world

On your BB go to www.blackberry.com/appworld.

You do need a BB data plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Is true that everytime i install an app  I have to remove the battery for the BB to reset?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It depends.  Many times if it's the first time you've installed the app then you don't have to reboot.  However, almost any time you install an updated version of the same app you do need to reboot.  The device will prompt you to reboot if it needs it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

ok i'm in BB world and i searched the quich pull and it doesn't show

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

QuickPull, one word.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1300

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ok now i have to go to that site on my BB or PC?