Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon wireless

Re: Battery draining way too fast

once downloaded what if it doesn't want to run?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, v. 6.0.0.246
My Carrier: AT&T

Installed QuickPull. Awesome app. Thx for that.

Bob
New Contributor

Ok thanks everyone i'll let you know how it came out. where do i find the problem solved thing on this site?

Contributor

Jet, you can go to Blackberry Apps on your PC and do a search for Quickpull. When you tell it to install it will ask for an e-mail that your BB can access.  It'll send you a link by e-mail. You'll need to install the Blackberry App program before installing the Quickpull link. Once I realized that, it worked just like every other program.

Bob
Contributor

Also, Jet. You may not see a problem solved button, because the original post was mine. And I've already hit it. Don't know for sure, but that may be the reason.

Bob
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Correct.  You only get a solution option in your own thread.  We really shouldn't be hijacking someone else's thread, anyway.  Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

While I'd already marked the Problem Solved button, I found a couple of other items. Turns out the new Google app (which they'd changed around the time I was having problems) didn't shut down by leaving the application. You had to hit the left button and click Exit. So it was staying online continuously. That helped a lot, but I just finished switching the ball out, and my power usage dropped like a rock. Suspect there was a bad connection in there that was shorting. New ball only cost $10, so cheap fix.

Bob
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's the first time I've ever heard of a trackball draining the battery.  I suspect Google was more an issue than the trackball. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

does having your BB on safe mode help w/ battery power

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

I think you mean standby mode right? Yes it does help batter life. The holster also puts your phone into standby with the inbuilt magnet

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy