Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Battery drains while using the internet

[ Edited ]

My battery seems to drain after i try to seach from something on the internet.  I can have a full battery and in the middle of a search it will shut off and restart.  when it turns back on i have no battery and the radio is off.  i dont know if i should just try a new battery or a setting problem.  does anybody have an idea....

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery drains while using the internet

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

That could help reset the battery meter in the device.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Dear Blackberry - this is a serious issue. We choose Blackberry because we believe we bought a tool (not a toy, as your ads say). The answer you gave above is not acceptable. Why does this happen? (Note that the only reason I can type this on your webpage from my BB reght now, is because my power cable is connected. If I had a fully charged battery then went to the internet for a moment, my battery would instantly drain and shut off my phone.) Answers please.

TinaBBCA, BlackBerry had not posted that answer (two years ago), I did. I am a user much like yourself.

Have you followed the process above?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes and you advice about resetting a battery meter is not the answer. Blackberry staff are reading these, I assure you.

[ Edited ]

For hundreds of other users, having the same issue as you, it has resolved the issue and is the answer. Smiley Wink
So, while it may not be the answer for you, it is for many others.

If you've performed this process 3-4 times over 2-3 days, and it is still not resolved (have you?) then you could simply have a bad battery with bad cells. It happens.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Lol.

[ Edited ]

So, bottom line is you're not here seeking help, you done little to offer details of your own issue and what you have done.

Good luck. If you need help, please provide details.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Bullying people seeking assistance is very sad. I truely hope BlackBerry staff are closely monitoring this site.

Seriously? You come here to declare that a process which has helped so many others "doesn't work"?

You've not told us details of your specific usage or issue, but offer only sarcasm.

Again, if the process as described doesn't help you, you very likely have a bad battery.

You can call it 'bullying' or even 'orange juice' and just as you state this process doesn't work, declaring this assistance 'bullying' doesn't make it such.

IF you need assistance, please ask.

Knowledge Base Updates