Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobicom
Accepted Solution

Battery is running out so quickly

Dear all

My brand new Blackberry 9530 phone is running out of battery within half day after fully charged. Anyone has any suggestions?

Bayar 

Bayaramc
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Re: Battery is running out so quickly

[ Edited ]

First what OS are you running on  ( go to options, about)  3rd line down it should say v4.7.0.xxx (platform 4.0.0.xxx)

second are you shutting down all your 3rd party apps? Press and hold the hard BB button a app ribbon will show, Should always have 5 apps "always' running  ( home, bb messenger, browser, phone, and message center) 

3rd if you are always leaving GPS on and Bluetooth on, that will drain the battery as well.

here is a link that might help your battery issues

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/

Message Edited by highrange101 on 07-29-2009 07:36 AM
Message Edited by highrange101 on 07-29-2009 07:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobicom

My OS says v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181). There are 6 apps in BB press ( NYT deal book mobile, home, bb messenger, browser, phone, and message center) then i pressed on NYT deal book to shut down, nothing happen. How i can uninstall this 3rd party apps?

Bayaramc
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

How i can uninstall this 3rd party apps?
go to options, advanced options, applications,   find the app you want remove and hit hard BB key and delete. If your phone does not ask to reboot then take battery out and reinsert it and let phone reboot.
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Solved!! NOT! (well, maybe for the thread originator)

I've had my Storm since just after the first of the year. Never a battery drain problem. The phone would go from 1-2 days without recharging under what I would call standard usage. i.e. no heavy apps or browsing.

About 4 weeks ago I dl'd the update to v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181)

Now my Storm barely makes it 4 hours with minimal usage before the battery is completely drained. (example: this morning I turned my fully charged phone on ay 6 am. Checked some mail and read the news headlines. Maybe ten minutes usage. Put in standby in its magnet clip thingamajig. Took two calls. 5 minutes max each. The phone was dead at 11:30.

I didn't use to worry about closing apps (why isn't there a "close all" app button?). Now I'm super vigilant to close all apps as I back out.

Bluetooth is turned off.

GPS is disabled.

I went by a Verizon store last week during a business trip and they replaced the battery.

Still no joy.

I like the phone. It does more than I'll ever need a phone to do BUT I can't afford to continue to pay hundreds of dollars a month for phone service when I have to constantly look for outlets to use to charge up or that shuts off in the middle of a conversation with a client about a multi-million dollar sale.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

boilrmkr wrote:

Solved!! NOT! (well, maybe for the thread originator)

FYI to all -- this poster has opened a new thread with this same post, so please bypass this one and focus there. Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

I went to that link it said about "topping off" the charge everyday. What concerns me is the part of roughly after 30 charges, deliberately discharge battery to 10-15%, and fully charge to 100% afterwards. Suppose to keep battery indicator on device accurate, I can do it, but really necessary? (deliberately discharge part)Smiley Happy