Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Battery not charging after upgrading to OS 4.5

I recently upgraded my Verizon 8830 WE to the new OS 4.5 software.  I love the changes but since the upgrade my phone no longer charges!  I tried my wall, car, and computer charger and none of them work.  The charge symbol does not show and the plugged in symbol does not show.  When I connect the phone to my computer, I am able to sync without any issues.  I also have a back up battery and I tried using that (to make sure it wasn't the battery) and I got the same problem.

Looking around on different forums I saw a few other people having the same issue.  Since the software is so new (esp for 8830) I am guessing more people will notice this problem as time goes on.  Has anyone experienced this issue and resolved it?

Note: I also tried a phone wipe.  I recently ordered a new phone from the insurance co. (in case it is hardware) but I believe it has something to do with the software.  I would like to upgrade the new phone I ordered but I don't want to risk the same problem.

I appreciate any and all help.  Thank you! 

Re: Battery not charging after upgrading to OS 4.5

I'm having the same problem.  When I downgrade to OS 4.2, the battery once again charges.  My VzW account rep called RIM support about this and his take of that phone call was that RIM thought he was crazy.

Obviously, if the battery charges on a different OS, the problem's not the USB port hardware.  Since more than one person's having this problem, I'd expect that it's a bug in the firmware that affects only VzW BB8830 devices (since I haven't seen any reports of similar problems on other carriers).

Just my $.02. 

New Contributor

I had a warranty so I ended up getting a new phone.  I upgraded my new phone to OS 4.5 and there are no battery problems.  It is possible that certain phones are susceptible to this bug... if you have the same option as me I would recommend getting a replacement phone because the new OS is a huge improvement.

This is so frustrating.  I'm getting the same problem.  Looking forward to any info anyone may have on a bug fix.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
New Contributor

to @mbrandonjoiner

why u not Downgrade ur OS think if u try to downgrade ur problem solved