04-08-2012 01:18 PM
I actually dropped my phone in the sink while the tap was running and water got into it. I quickly took out the battery and dried it off and threw it into a bowl of rice and let it sit there for about a full day. Now when I tried turning it on, nothing happened.... didn't even boot, NOTHING.
BUT NOW, after about 2 days of it sitting in rice, it actually shows a RED X through a battery and I'm not sure what that means... does it mean the battery is dead, or there is severe water damage. The way I thought about it is if the screen SHOWS an image... then the phone must be working... because its displaying an image, so I'm leaning towards thinking the battery must be completely depleted.
IF ANYONE can please help me out on whats the best steps to take, respond back to this post.
04-08-2012 01:36 PM
The red X through the battery usually means your battery is depleted and needs recharging BUT you don't want to do that for another couple of days. Get both your phone and the battery (separately) back in the rice. 4-5 days is what's required to totally dry out the electronic components. Attempting to recharge the battery before that time is murder on your device so don't do it.
Leave it in the rice for another day or two then attempt to recharge it. Post back with your results when you do so.
04-08-2012 02:15 PM
Seperately from eachother in 2 different bowls you mean? And yeah I'd assume it would kill my device.
But i'll leave it in till around Tuesday and i'll let you know what happens.
PS... what do you think the likely hood of it actually working will be?
04-10-2012 10:25 PM