Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boost Mobile
Accepted Solution

Battery usage

Just within the past few days the battery on the phone (curve 9310) doesn't last more than a day.  It used to last almost two days.  And I notice that the icon at the top shows that there is data activity.  What's going on ?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery usage

Do you have any apps loaded that are using data? Battery usage due to data consumption will vary depending on what apps you have running. Have you rebooted the device by removing the battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No Apps.  Have done soft reset.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Lets boot it into safe mode and see what happens. Remove the battery. While holding down the back key insert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds. The device should boot into safe mode with no 3rd party apps running. Do not open any 3rd party apps. Is the battery life the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

My next suggestion will be to make a full backup of the device, perform a security wipe of the device (wipes your user data) and see if the device still has the problem.

Contributor

Will try and let you know.

Contributor

Security whip.  Will see if it still problem persists

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 0792440284

My battery begin to show a red gross throw the battery since yesterday. Is it a finish and must a buy n new one or what's happening, can anyone please help me