Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Battery with red cross on startup

What do i do after step 6?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Everegoren wrote:

What do i do after step 6?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If the procedure brought your BB back to life, then you continue on living. If it did not, then you move to the second process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

This problem has happened to me more than once for several reasons: dropping it, re-setting it, etc. 

For me, there was a very simple way of solving it. Each time I would take out the battery and sim card from the back of the device, plug it into my laptop (using the USB cord that came with the device), and let it charge for 5 minutes. When I put the battery back in to the device, it would just start up normally again!

Hope I helped

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus

Never mind, I charged the battery with my old phone(HTC Tytn II) Now the blackberry works perfectly

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9870
My Carrier: MTV Mobile

Hello,

I hope you can help me, so About 3 months or so there came a little bit of water on mine blackberry

so i dried it and it works again but i when i start my BB it says a Battery with a red cross on it, So i thought it was mine Battery so i bought a new battery and guess what ! Still a battery with a red cross trough it !

So i readed that i can reset my blackberry i tried that but my laptop couldent find it i still don't get it please help me !

My Device: Blackberry Curve CDMA
My Carrier: ESIA

[ Edited ]

dadic wrote:

take your battery out.  connect it to the mains charger and then reinsert your battery and turn it on.   Worked for me

thank you for the tips. it works on my CDMA Blackberry. GBU

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: sainsburys

I too have just purchased a new battery and the red cross symbol appeared. I have just checked my battery and found that there is a protective plastic cover on the battery connections. I have peeled this off and the battery is now working fine. Only noticed this by chance as I held the two batteries up and noticed the new connections looked more yellow and shinier than the old one. Hope this helps