Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Battery wont hjold charge or charge when totally flat

Hi

I have a Bold 9000 and it is draining the battery very quickly doesnt even last a few hours with a couple of calls and when its flat will only charge if I take out the battery and put in on a universal charger it wont charge with the blackberry  mains charger, car charger or usb connection.

I have bought two new batteries and all the same thing, turned off all applications I can see.

The phone was bought new  from an ebay seller  in December and I cant get any response now from them and they are no longer on ebay.

I have seen something about updating the system but dont know how to do this can anyone suggest what might help as the phone is unuseable as it only lasts a very short time.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery wont hjold charge or charge when totally flat

Usually when batteries drain like that it is due to some 3rd party application(s) that are using system resources in the background. Do you have any applications or themes that you have added?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Battery wont hjold charge or charge when totally flat

No havent added anything at all since it was new