Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Battery

How long does your phone battery lasts ?

I charge it during the night then if I make 2 or 3 calls during the day not lasting more then 10 minutes at the end of the day the battery is all gone. Do you guys have the same problem ?

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery

A few people have noticed a short battery life on the Storm, I did too the first 2-3 days and it oddly got much much better after 3-4 charges.

Give it a similar try.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

JSanders wrote:

A few people have noticed a short battery life on the Storm, I did too the first 2-3 days and it oddly got much much better after 3-4 charges.

Give it a similar try.

I agree with JSanders!

The first few days with my storm, the battery life was horrible.

Now, it is perfect and lasts all day!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

same here, 2nd day of use, and by noon it's nearly dead???  i'll give it a few days and see what happens.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I like others had problems with the life of my battery at first.  I found the first week, that if I shut off the phone while charging, it seem to take a better charge.

Now I charge it overnight, use it all day at work and I seem to have about 40% battery life left each night.   That's working about a 10-11 hour day each day.

If this is new, shut it off for the next few night while charging and let it get a good charge and see if it helps.

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

thats what i would suggest!

if your a HEAVY USER, check out the link below.

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2976

bigger battery will be available soon.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

I am not a heavy user of my phone. I've had the phone for over 3 weeks but still with 2 or 3 calls the battery goes very quick. I had a Nokia before and the battery life lasted for longer, my partner has the Blackberry Bold and he makes and receives calls all the time and still his battery lasts at least fro two days.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

triple_x wrote:
I am not a heavy user of my phone. I've had the phone for over 3 weeks but still with 2 or 3 calls the battery goes very quick. I had a Nokia before and the battery life lasted for longer, my partner has the Blackberry Bold and he makes and receives calls all the time and still his battery lasts at least fro two days.

Sounds likeyou may have gotten a bad battery.  I would take it into the store and have them check it and give you a replacement.

It shouldn't die that quickly with that little use if you're charging it each night.

I vote defective = return/replacement.  Smiley Happy

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Contributor

dont forget there are many things you could do to improve youre battery life such as turning off youre camera flash, turning vibrations off, cleaning the metal parts between the memory and phone, deleting old emails.
Trusted Contributor

I too have been noticing improved battery life. I have been charging it in my car, i drive 45 minutes each way everyday. And left it on last night with no charger and it still lasted long. I jusy put it on my charger now and it was yellow.

I am running .85, maybe this is a improved battery life on the new OS?

" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"