Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

I am getting very poor battery life.  I am lucky to make it through a day.  I need to recharge by 5:00 PM.  That is with very little use.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8330C

Re: Battery

I'm having the same problem. I have only charged mine once so far and I let it get down to 15%. Next time I will let it go to 5% before I charge. I had to exchange devices because of a firmware problem and that device discharged at a slower rate after it hit 50% than with the first 50%. Try dimming the display lighting to see if that helps. Mine is set to 70% but I'm going to drop it further.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS

Do any of you leave the Bluetooth feature enabled?
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Trusted Contributor

I don't use Bluetooth. I wear hearing aids, the external behind the ear with the ear canal plugged. If I can find a Bluetooth that fits over the ear  then I might get it. For now I use the speakerphone most of the time although I have a telecoil.
Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I would suggest you read this battery use tip sheet for some guidelines and helps...

The best tip I know, and is recommended for these Li-Ion batteries is to top off the charge during the day-- in your car, at your desk, whatever. Ten minutes charging can be that extra hour of use, and these batteries are NOT degraded by topping off.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS

Did you know that when you are finished using an app and you hit the red hang-up key, this doesn't actually close the app. It just keeps it running out of sight. This can seriously eat up your battery life. Especially if you do it with the browser. Every app has a close/exit option when you click the menu key. Use that instead of the red hang-up key.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I always CLOSE.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8320

my phone kept shutting off on me even when it is fully charged. i would plug my phone to the charger and it would be ok. but when i take it off and i use it, it shuts off automatically. i thought it was my phone so tmobile replaced it, but it kept doing the same thing to my new phone. should i just get a new battery or is there something wrong with my phone? this is driving me crazy. i don't want to leave my phone on charge the whole time. i need to use it.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Love 8320  and welcome to the forums!

Please go to OPTIONS - STATUS

Copy file free and file total also battery charge level.

Pull the battery while the device is ON, replace after a minute,

Let the device reboot 1-3 min,

Look up the numbers and send me both sets from before and after

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

Hi Bifocals:

What's with this device. I had to do the battery pull twice within one hour.

Once because I couldn't shut off SPRINT TV and then when it went dark and wouldn't turn on.

I'm still in trial period. I hope Sprint has a good store in the location that I'm going to be in for the next six months.

You tried to help me with my original 8330 but it had to be returned because the battery pull wouldn't correct the problem.