Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: giffgaff

Bb app world not downloading

Hey guys could you please help me, my BlackBerry torch lost my bb apply world icon from my phone and because of that I can get any apps, at first I thought it was because I hid the icon so I went to the menu. Button and unticked the hide button but that didn't change anything, so then I went to my device, application management to check if the bb app world was still there and it was, so I then went on to pull my battery out to see if I restarted my phone maybe the icon would come back but once again no result. So then I went back to application Management and deleted the bb app world pulled my battery out again to restart my phone so I could download the bb app world from scratch, I went into my Internet. Browser and downloaded the bb app world but before it even finished downloading this is what I git (Error :Invalid manifest or application descriptor the MIDlet-Name attribute is missing) please could someone help i think I have tried everything and don't know what else to do.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bb app world not downloading

Hi melissa_scho,

Did the BlackBerry App World™ icon disappear after upgrading the software? If so, the following article could help.

KB29422 - BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World to 4...

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!