Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Bb curve touchscreen. HELP!!

I've changed phones and gave my daughter mine for the Internet (with the old sim that's deactivated) . She has google chat on it and could always log in. Now she can't. Says error 65. Emails aren't working either now when they always did. Any ideas??!!!!!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bb curve touchscreen. HELP!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB14800 "Connection error 65" error appears when logging into an Yahoo! Messenger from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB17039 "Connection error 65" error appears when logging into Windows Live Messenger from the BlackBerry smartphone

While for different services, the same causes and remedies may well apply. It is entirely possible that the use of Google Chat requires an applicable data plan from the carrier, even if used solely via WiFi -- such is the case with many services on BB, they just do not work via WiFi alone as they must even then use the BIS infrastructure in order to operate, and access to that only comes via subscription to a proper data plan from a carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks ao much. What if I just put a normal pay as you go sim?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

With some carriers, I've heard that their Pay-Go plans can have a BB "bolt on" to enable the BB-proprietary services. With other carriers, I've heard that Pay-Go cannot support the BB-proprietary needs. You have to talk directly to the carriers (e.g., Orange), though, to find out for sure...they are in control.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................