Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin mobile uk
Accepted Solution

Bbm, app world, smart tags, phone book won't open or respond with addressbook error bold 9900

Hi,

as above, these wont function. I get errors in aught exception: application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app(160 or 149) is not responding; process terminated.

Please help. email and Internet work, as do SMS and calls.

Not sure what to do! Am waiting 40mins for technical support with virgin uk to help

Couscous it be anything to do with the phone being a refurbished O2 phone and I am using a virgin uk sim? I didn't think so as it didn't ask for a map code or anything.

thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Bbm, app world, smart tags, phone book won't open or respond with addressbook error bold 9900

Backup of your device data using BlackBerry desktop software. Then have a security wipe. Go to Options > Security > Security Wipe. Type in 'blackberry' without quotes. This will erase all of your device data therefore, make sure your have a full backup of your device data.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: Bbm, app world, smart tags, phone book won't open or respond with addressbook error bold 9900

Hi,

since posting, I have tried your suggestion and I have also tried the kb 10144 reinstall.

any other thoughts please?

thanks,

joe

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You've followed KB10144 but why?? That KB instructs to force detect BB with BlackBerry desktop software for OS updates

Follow my instruction and let me know your experience.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i had already tried your solution first, my carrier recommended kb10144 because of the of the errors I was getting, but neither have worked. sorry, thought I was clear, been trying so much over the last two days.

bbm, phone book and app world just refuse to open at all! Smiley Sad

thanks,

jni

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having tried your solution again, it has not worked. I have removed app world, social fields, google talk and yahoo I'm too.

phonebook and bbm still are unresponsive. When selecting phone book, it freezes the phone which only unfreezes when you hold bb button and select home,

thanks.

New Contributor

Solution, downgrade to 7.0 so.

open c:/programme files/common filesresearch in motion/ app loader

run loader.exe

remove all bbm and app worLd

then perform a os update and downgrade to the latest 7.0, not 7.1.